Monday, August 22, 2016

Inspiration for Moms



Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts I've ever received. I thank God every day for my precious little girl. While each day is full of smiles and laughs as we watch her grow and learn...each day can also be a struggle. For me, I'm constantly thinking to myself about what all I need to get done, how I haven't had a date night in forever, I haven't gotten to have a girl's night in a while, the sink is full of dirty dishes and the laundry is piled a mile high. Its so easy as a mom to feel overwhelmed. 

I wanted to share a few bible verses, quotes and excerpts that remind us daily to have faith and to remember the strong and remarkable women that we are. Our day to day life may be full of chaos but our children will grow up quickly. Spend each moment watching them grow. Those dirty dishes can wait.



"We don't have to become weary if we remember that we serve a God who loves us so much that he wants us to shrug off the burdens that make us ache and trust him instead. Regardless of the situation and circumstance, God is in control. Our security rests in him and not in our own abilities."
-A Little God Time for Mothers

The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

God, you are my strength during the hard times. Your grace is sufficient for me, and your power is made perfect in my weakness. Today I feel spread thin and overcommitted. I don't have the strength in me to do what needs to be done. Give me the energy I need just for today. Give me time for rest and rejuvenation. Protect my family as we run from one activity to another. May my attitude be joyful, and may theirs be calm. Thank you for going before our day and for your love and strength that sustains us.
- Pocket Prayers for Moms, Max Lucado


"A good mom has bad days & great days & normal days & overwhelming days & perfect days & trying days & supermom days & just trying to be mom days & a whole lot of love & real & crazy motherhood days"

I hope you know your capable & brave & significant. Even when it feels like your not......







No comments:

Post a Comment